7/07/2007

I stopped mid sentence

This is the second entry about the extended family vacation. I caught myself when I was about to engage in a battle of words with a family member who is especially contentious. I actually started to engage this person, as the particular situation was ridiculous and "needed" attention. Wrong. It occurred to me that if I bother with the situation, then I adopt it. I give it importance in my life. It is funny how some things from my discussions with Seran come back to me at times in my life when I least expect it, but when it is most helpful. I stopped mid sentence. That was it. I could have never done that before without making a comment about how not worth my energy it all was. The old me. I choose a much better life than to fall for attention demanding tactics from another individual. Nothing needs my attention that would allow me to feel upset, annoyed. I don't need to set anyone straight. I don't even want to. Walking away was liberating.

No comments: