6/22/2007

It has never felt better.

My first week has been more mentally and emotionally positive. I think it is no mistake since I have decided to honor myself more. I decided that I would decide for myself how 'good' I am at things, how deserving I am of other things, what my purpose and my rights are in this world, etc. I am a very reasonable and fair person with a good amount of intellect attached to those attributes. Here is the secret I can share: The moment I consult myself, I mean really consider these questions and make these decisions for myself, then I know I have come to the most reliable conclusion, because no one knows me like I do. No one can value the things I do. Why, then do I trust others to judge me? I don't. I haven't all along. I never will perhaps, but I do, quite honestly, trust myself. Only I decide what I am , how good at something I am and where I must improve. More importantly, only I decide if I am acceptable, if I look good, even with some extra weight on me (and I often do because I care about myself!). I am who I am, not who I am trying to be, and it has never felt better.

No comments: